Monday, December 14, 2015

Letter 13: August 8, 1941

Letter 8:  August 8, 1941  from Yorkton, SK
 

 






 


 
 
August 8, 1941 

Dear Ellen
            I received your letter & I suppose you got mine, I guess they crossed in the mail.
    Well how’s everything & how are you, likely the heat as much as ever no doubt.
            I was home last weekend & spent a very good weekend. Dad met me at the train Friday night & then we went home. I went to the dance at Temples on Sat night & had a good time. Then on Sunday Dad & I went to Moose Jaw early & he went in the Decoration Day Parade. I went out & saw Mother’s grave on Sunday as it was the first chance I had had.
            I had a letter from Jack Lowther today from Calgary & he said that the Gunners Coarse was damned hard. He didn’t mention David in his letter so I don’t know if David is still there or not. Jack hasn’t made a steady connection with a girl as yet he said, but I don’t suppose it will be long, do you.
            I saw Nettie Dewar last weekend in Moose Jaw & she told me that Jack didn’t go near her all the time he was on leave.
            We started night flying on Tuesday night & I have got in 5 hours now, we are flying again tonight. It won’t be many days until I’m through as we only have to put in ten hours night flying. This night flying isn’t as bad as we thought it was going to be..
            Ark is sitting at the same table writing a letter & he says to give you all his love & best regards. He got a leave last weekend to but he stopped off in Regina to see an old flame & to take in the fair.
            Another fellow got washed out from air class the first of this week as his instrument flying wasn’t up to par. He’s the boy from Swift Current, Dave Levine, the Jew boy.
            Did I tell you this little story, the boy asked his mother what the thing between his legs was & his mother said “weany” “Oh” he said “that's what I thought because I gave it to Betty last night & she said “Hot Dog”

            Well Ellen I guess there isn’t much to say for now so I say solong for now
            Your loving brother
            Fred

PS I’ll be writing Arch & Muriel soon.
 
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment