Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Letter 56: August 12, 1943

Letter 56: August 12, 1943
Airgraph
 
 
F/S Piper F J
R85176
RCAF
England
Aug 12/43
 
 
Dear Dad
            How is every little thing Pop. I’m going strong. I received you last letter with the clippings & pictures enclosed & razor blades & also received the parcel of snap shots & thanks a lot, you couldn’t have sent me a better collection, your sure looking well Dad & I’m sure glad to hear it & see it. Had a letter from Archie & he was telling me that he had his leave & that it was sure swell to get a welding torch back in his hands, hope you had a nice time in Alberta. Ellen was home to eh, must have been a nice reunion. Archie spoke about Tom & Billie & what nice lads they were. Also had a letter from Dutch. I just came back from seven days leave, I meant to go to Auntie Janet’s but it was Bank Holiday Week in this country & the trains were so packed it was almost impossible to travel so I spent it in a near by city with Tex & Ron & we had a swell time, we met some swell people who invited us up to their house & told us we could spend a leave with them anytime. So I’m already to go to work & do a little flying & visit the Huns. Well solong for now hoping this finds you and Edith well.
            Your loving son
            Fred
NOTE
Tex was Robert Jordan from Texas
Ron was Ronald Connor from Moose Jaw

No comments:

Post a Comment